[Building Sakai] Need help getting Sakai 2.7.1 up and running

BJ Peter DeLaCruz bjpeter2008 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:14:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am new to developing Sakai, and I am trying to get Sakai 2.7.1 installed
and running, but I'm having trouble accessing *localhost:8080/portal*.

I am using Tomcat 5.5, and Tomcat is working because I can access
*localhost:8080*.

Does anyone have tips as to why I'm getting a 404 error when I access
*localhost:8080/portal*? I'm also new to Tomcat, so I don't know too much
about it either. I'm learning as I go. I'm following this
guide<https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69273901>
.

Thanks!
BJ