[Building Sakai] Proposal: Jobscheduler Invocation Interval Property Default Change

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Fri Mar 28 07:57:36 PDT 2014

I have seen some confusion with both peer assignment open/close dates [1]
as well as forum/topic open/close dates since they both rely on the
JobschedulerInvocation api to make these changes.  The default value
for jobscheduler.invocation.interval
property is 10 minutes.  This causes a maximum delay of 10 minutes for
these open/close date actions.  I propose to adjust the default to 5
minutes or even lower to 2 minutes.  I am not aware of any problems this
would cause other than a slight increase in logs for the jobscheduler UI
page.  The jobs that run off of this property are one off jobs (e.g. non
reoccurring) so there shouldn't be an issue with overlapping or additional
processing overhead (other than a very quick sql query to check for pending
jobs).  If there isn't any adverse effects of adjusting this, I'd like to
get this in before the 10RC branches start since peer assessments is a new
feature for 10.  Lazy consensus will be used for this proposal and the
default value would be 5 minutes.

Thanks,
Bryan

[1] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25897