[Building Sakai] Hide EID in forums

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Mar 28 07:13:32 PDT 2014

Ahh,

It does look like this was half done and never really documented. (and the
property msg.displayEid isn't consistent)

SAK-16445 forums shows user's displayIds and there's no way to turn it off
-Now user can turn on/off showing user's displayIds by setting properties
in sakai.properties.

But a comment on the ticket says.
"FYI, this patch only affects future Forum posting. Anyone who have been
running this code with Eids displayed will have to run a DB delete query in
order to remove Eids from already present Forum postings. "

So basically what you'd really need to do is either
- Document it in config/.../default.properties and add the sql script
needed to remove eids from the past.
or
- If the property is set, when the server starts up, attempt to remove eids
from past postings.

It might be easier just to document it better with this script, which I
feel like we've run, but I can't find at the moment.