[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9.3 incoming email does not work

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Mar 27 14:18:52 PDT 2014

> using MX lookup confirms me that our test domain does not have MX Record.

You will never be able to fully test incoming mail properly until you have
an MX record.

> Here's my dilemma :  our test server is sharing network space with some
> other servers, and I've heard that incoming emails are not allowed.

Okay, then testing incoming email will be impossible.

>  Under this circumstance, I am wondering
> testMode at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=true

testMode will disable *outgoing* email from Sakai and will instead print
the contents to the log.

> or any other method (without MX Record set...) will indicate that incoming
> email
> will work, if I have MX record properly.

Sure, try sending a test message to the James server on port 8025 using
telnet: https://workaround.org/ispmail/lenny/test-mail-through-telnet