[Building Sakai] Sakai and Office 365

Kusnetz, Jeremy JKusnetz at APUS.EDU
Tue Mar 25 19:47:19 PDT 2014

We are in the very early phase at looking at this.  One early issue is the APIs into Office 365 are currently incomplete.  That said, is anyone interested in some collaboration?

Jeremy Kusnetz | Sr. Systems Engineer

American Public University System
American Military University  |  American Public University
661 S George Street, Charles Town, WV 25414
T 304-885-5333 | M 703-967-5212 |  jkusnetz at apus.edu<mailto:jkusnetz at apus.edu>| www.apus.edu<http://www.apus.edu>

From: Diego del Blanco Orobitg <diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com<mailto:diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
To: Sam Ottenhoff <ottenhoff at longsight.com<mailto:ottenhoff at longsight.com>>
Cc: "sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>" <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai and Office 365

Thanks Sam!

Yes, it' seems possible and maybe not too much complex at first sight if finally we need to develop it. But if someone has done it previously... hahaha, better.

I've received the same request from 2 different institutions in the last month, so seems that a lot of institutions are starting to use office365 all over the world.

Diego

I've never tried.  Maybe the institution is using Microsoft's hosted AD services?

  http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/documentation/services/active-directory/

If yes, it seems like it should be possible to allow a login via a direct LDAP connection or maybe via SAML.

--Sam