[Building Sakai] Signup tool in Jira - Project or Component?

Kirschner, Beth bkirschn at umich.edu
Fri Mar 21 07:17:45 PDT 2014

I vaguely remember the decision was made to keep legacy (closed) JIRAs in the separate JIRA project space, but move all open JIRAs into the Sakai project under it's own component. This was not just for contrib projects, but also for "indie" projects.

I know that users (not developers) have been confused by having separate JIRA projects defined (sometimes they need to look in the Sakai project, sometimes a separate project, without any understanding of why). Barring any objections on this list (lazy consensus), I think you should:

1) Rename "Contrib: Signup" to "Contrib: Signup-legacy"
2) Move all open Signup JIRAs into the Sakai project under the Signup component

I'd also suggest you propose the same course of action for other 'indie' projects (with the exception of Kernel): Lesson Builder, Polls, Profile2, Samigo, Search, Sitestats, Roster2, Delegated Access,

- Beth