[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9.3 and Oracle 12

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 17 10:05:53 PDT 2014

In Sakai 10, you can also try out with the built in tomcat 7 pool
(KNL-1000). This dbcp is still currently the default.

To switch you need to make a sakai/sakai-configuration.xml.to change the
bean, or alter the db-components.xml in the kernel. I left 2 beans in there
as we had a bunch of properties still referencing these. Looks like this
method worked though.

sakai/sakai-configuration.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd">

    <!-- Shared DataSource for all pooled database connections -->
    <!-- Either make this javax.sql.dbcp.BaseDataSource or
javax.sql.tomcat.BaseDataSource -->
        <bean id="javax.sql.BaseDataSource"
parent="javax.sql.tomcat.BaseDataSource"></bean>
</beans>