[Building Sakai] Issues with Account Validator in Clustered Environment

Mike Jennings mike_jennings at unc.edu
Wed Mar 12 07:12:17 PDT 2014

Hi all.  We are currently running Sakai 2.9.2 on about 8 tomcat servers.
  The issue that we are currently running into is that when the user is
using the Account Validation page to create there Local Account and set
there password, this change only works on the server that they are
currently connected to.  If the logout and then connect to a different
application server, they get a login invalid message.

I was hoping that someone has run into this issue already..

Here is the quick rundown.

User connects to server 1 and does the account validation and sets there
password.  They are able to logout and log back in with the new password
as long as they are on server 1.

Later they reconnect but are attached to server 2.  They are not able to
login to the system and get login invalid message.

If I login to server 2 as a administrator and evict all caches in the
memory, then the user can login to server 2 with there validated
username and password.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated...

Mike Jennings