[Building Sakai] Student changed section now missing assignments

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:44:20 PST 2014

We have a student who changed sections in the middle of the term, and now
her previous assignments aren't showing up. It seems the instructor created
a separate assignment for each section, probably in order to give them
different due dates. The student's missing submissions are now for
assignments that aren't assigned to the section she's in.

Has anyone faced this issue before? I suppose I'm looking for some quick
way to tell the gradebook to include all of the student's assignments, even
if they aren't in her section. Or more likely, it's the Assignments tool
that is making this determination.

I'm already seeing the downsides of this... the assignments tool would have
to scan all assignments to see if she had made a submission for them, which
would hurt performance.

I predict that I'll handle this as a one-off: Temporarily assign the
student to her old section, retrieve her scores, and then make empty
submissions for the assignments in her new section and enter the scores.

Josh