[Building Sakai] control of user ID to pass to External Tools

Brett Parker brparke1 at wsc.edu
Mon Jun 30 10:36:29 PDT 2014

Greetings,

Don't know how best to describe this, but I am looking into seeing how we can change/control what ID a user passes to an External Tool with LTI integration.  Right now usernames are passed.  However we would like to see if our campus unique IDs could be sent.  The site we are connecting with says that if we can get our unique ID into the lis_person_sourcedid (currently holds username) they will be able to get our unique ID.

We can get our unique ID into the Sakai DB (mysql), so would there be a way to find out what field in DB the lis_person_sourcedid is currently being populated from and change it so it is populated from a different field?

Thanks.

Brett