[Building Sakai] Sakai 10.0 blocker - needs attention

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Jun 19 07:54:36 PDT 2014

Hi Sakai-dev,

We have a blocker bug for the Sakai 10 release! Call for help to our
developer community.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1270 - Students are removed
from groups when added by official rosters

Needs lots of experienced dev-eyes.

Decision needs to be made to work on fixing the problem for Sakai 10.0
or reverting at least a couple of Jiras and perhaps working on the fix
for 10.1. At this point it is not clear how to fix KNL-1270, which is
why reversions are being considered.

Jiras potentially needing reversion (not necessarily all) :

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1250
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1183
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-800

Functional impacts of reversions is something like:

KNL-1250 - Performance optimizations on refreshing authz groups because
of the changes made in KNL-800
KNL-1183 - You either need to restart or the instructor needs to make an
update to the roster to actually get an updated roster, it's not updated
automatically
KNL-800 - Section based groups with providers are not kept in sync

Thanks,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin