[Building Sakai] Alternatives to Grademark

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Thu Jun 19 07:34:56 PDT 2014

Hello,

We here at Western University are starting to look for alternatives to
the Grademark product provided by Turnitin, due to privacy and
information security concerns with using Grademark for our institution.

Before we start planning/developing such a feature, we thought it best
to gauge the community to see if any other institutions have gone down
this road. We're looking for an integration with the Assignments tool
that provides basically the same functionality as the Grademark product
does. Namely, the ability to mark a student's submission (both inline
and attachments) online, without the need for the instructor/maintainer
to download, edit, re-save, and upload again.

If anyone out there knows of any current integration/patches, or if work
has already been started along this path, please let us know! Perhaps
there could be some collaboration if necessary.

Cheers,

--
Brian Jones
Programmer/Analyst