[Building Sakai] Create Site Button

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Jun 18 09:59:28 PDT 2014

yes, definitely seems like a theme that is emerging for Sakai 11, better
UI.

Efforts are being launched to raise funds for a couple of projects that
would do just that. I am cautiously optimistic that one of these
projects will be fully funded within the next several weeks. The other
has a good start in fundraising but may need some help from the
community. I've started investigating "Kickstarter"-like approaches to
fund raising and would be interested if folks 1) think their
institutions might be interested in helping fund, at any level, one or
both of these projects, contingent upon commitments for full funding, of
course and 2) ideas for Kickstarter-like environments. I looked at
Indiegogo too, in case you are wondering. I also created a "poll" idea,
but hasn't gotten traction yet [1]

[1] I think this polling plug-in expires in about a week -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~ncaidin/GenericWow+tool

Cheers,
Neal