[Building Sakai] Update ContentService to store resources in OpenStack-Swift

Jaques Smith jaques at opencollab.co.za
Tue Jun 17 06:39:03 PDT 2014

Hi All,

We are working on the kernel to store resources to Swift [1]. We are doing
it in 2 phases, the first is to update the Kernel to use a 'handler' to
store the actual file. This can then be swapped out to store to filesystem,
Swift, Amazon.... The second is the actual Swift implementation which is
done in a separate project so that you don't need to add all the
implementations to Sakai, just the one you need.

I created KNL-1268: Update ContentService to store resources in
OpenStack-Swift [2] and added the phase 1 change, I would appreciate some
feedback from the community and the kernel team. The end result of this
change is that you should be able to just change the handler in the Spring
config (and add some properties but that depends on the handler) and you
are writing to some other space/cloud.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Swift
[2] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1268

Cheers,