[Building Sakai] HOW TO MODIFY "Letter Grades with +/-"in the Gradebook Tool

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Tue Jun 10 12:37:16 PDT 2014

Hi,

I saw this link earlier, but I didn't understand one thing:

Should this
change be mad BEFORE the build process, from source?

yours,

I got an offline tip:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/More+Flexible+Sakai+Configuration

<mailto:alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma>
>> June 10, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Hello,

>> We have a request from a faculty in IIHEM regarding the
Gradebook
>> grading setup.
>>
>> Actually, we do use the Letter
Grades with +/-, but we DO NOT use D+
>> and D-.
>>
>> How can we
change this, institution wide, and change the whole grading

www.iihem.ac.ma
<mailto:neal.caidin at apereo.org>
>> June 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM
>> Hi
Alaa,

>> I looked in the default Sakai properties file and find this:
>>
>> # Comma separated list of possible letter grades to use
>> #
DEFAULT: A+,A,A-,B+,B,B-,C+,C,C-,D+,D,D-,E,F
>> # assignment.letterGradeOptions=
>>
>> That should help with possible letter grade options. The mapping of
>> point values to the grade I cannot seem to find (at an institution

level). Maybe this gets you half way there?

>> Cheers,

Neal

>> Neal Caidin
<mailto:neal.caidin at apereo.org>
>> June 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Reminder. If anybody is able to talk for a few minutes about Sakai 10
>> QA, feel free
to join.

>> See below.
>>
>> Cheers,

Neal

>> Neal Caidin
<mailto:neal.caidin at apereo.org>
>> June 9, 2014 at 3:09 PM

[sakai-qa and sakai-dev]

>> Hi,
>>
>> We are in the
final stages of Sakai 10.0 release management. We are at
>> an RC01 (first release
candidate) and we are looking at an RC02 and/or
>> RC03 and possibly releasing by the
end of this week.

>> What are the final things we need to think about
from a QA
>> perspective? Who is available to help?
>>
>> Let's
discuss on Calliflower (teleconferencing) tomorrow, June 10, at
>> 10 am Eastern, 2 pm
GMT.  Cannot make it? Drop me an email.

>> Teleconference details
>> -------------------------------------
>>
>> Default Dial-in
Number:+1-323-375-2185
>> Your Conference Code: 8600146
>> Find a Dial in
number in your city:

_https://apps.calliflower.com/account/call_in_numbers?organizer=328940_
>> Skype:Add
'calliflowerskype' as a contact in Skype.  You can then call
>> Calliflower directly
from Skype.

>> Thanks,
>> Neal
>>

> --
> Neal Caidin
> Sakai Community Coordinator
> Apereo
Foundation
> neal.caidin at apereo.org
> Skype me! (but let me know in advance for
the first interaction) - nealkdin

> --
> This message has
been scanned for viruses and