[Building Sakai] Samigo NPE on group assessment

Curtis Van-Osch curtis.van-osch at hec.ca
Wed Jun 4 09:05:28 PDT 2014

Well, I guess I spoke too soon!  The instructor managed to produce the
same problem again this morning by trying to do the same thing (publish
a quiz to a group of 3 students).  As soon as she published, Samigo
crashes with a NPE in her site whenever anyone tries to access it.

I fixed it manually in the database again by changing "Selected Groups"
to the site name in SAM_PUBLISHEDACESSCONTROL_T, like yesterday.  Oddly
enough, when we looked at the quiz settings in Pending Assessments, no
group was selected (it definitely was before the publication).  Then,
when she selected the same group again, the quiz refused to publish,
instructing her to select a group!

Can anyone tell me in the database where the selected groups for a quiz
are stored?  Has anyone seen this problem consistently in one course
site?  We've never seen it before at all!

I'm worried that even adding the null check will not fix the underlying
issue of the groups no longer working despite still being visible in the
interface.

<http://www.hec.ca>

Curtis Van Osch
Analyste-Programmeur
Service de développement de systèmes d'information
hec.ca <http://www.hec.ca>
Agréments
3000, chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montréal (Québec) H3T 2A7
Téléphone : 514 340-6000, poste 2029

recyclez
Pensons à l'environnement
avant d'imprimer