[Building Sakai] setenv.sh file configuration

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:35:04 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I read -Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true is required for Java 7

"As of June 19, 2013, an issue has been reported with respect to Java 7
compatibility. The problem is in the Comparators and the workaround is to
use the JVM property

-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true"

I am using Sakai 2.9.3 with Tomcat 7 and Java 7 and I am wondering this is
still true: do I need to add "-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true"

into Sakai 2.9.3?

Thank you in advance.