[Building Sakai] Registered user permissions to have access rights under certain conditions

David Wafula Wanyonyi DavidWafula.Wanyonyi at wits.ac.za
Fri Jul 18 06:32:18 PDT 2014

Dear all,
How best do we handle the following scenario:

When all our staff log into Sakai, they are automatically given 'Register' type. We have "!user.template.registered"  template with the predefined permissions, which allows them create sites etc. Problem arises when some staff members are added as students/access members in a site. They still get full 'register' rights in such a course (and so they can edit assignments etc), though they shouldn't. It appears, in our set-up, as long as the user logged in as register type, no other permission  level is honoured.

We run 2.9.2.

Regards,
david wafula.