[Building Sakai] Problems creating a new site type in Sakai 10

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 03:09:49 PDT 2014

Hi:

I'm trying to create a new site type in Sakai 10. I've updated
the sakai.sitesetup.xml file and .... and I can't view my new site type
when I try to create a site (only project and course)

This is what I changed in that file:

*<configuration name="siteTypes" value="course,project,investigacion" />*

and

*<configuration name="publicChangeableSiteTypes"
value="project,investigacion" />*

To test if I was touching the wrong file, I've updated the same file and
added the portfolio type too:

<configuration name="siteTypes"
value="course,project,portfolio,investigacion" />

and now I can view project, course and portfolio, but not my new type.

So... file is the right one, this is sure becuase the portfolio change has
worked...  why not with "investigation" new type????

Maybe It's something related in this JIRA,
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22994 but this is supposedly
solved for Sakai 2.9... and I'm trying in Sakai 10.

Maybe a regression? Maybe I'm doing something wrong or forgotten another
step?

I've not added this filetype in the different tools.xml files, but I think
this is not necessary to show the new file type when creation a new site.

Thanks!
--
*Diego del Blanco Orobitg*

P: (+34) 653 683 489