[Building Sakai] samigo performance issue with a large number of users

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 12:52:34 PDT 2014

Hello All,

This summer we will provide four different placement tests to more than
1500 incoming students for the first time. Please note that each site has
more than 1500 users. Although the four tests will be offered for six
weeks, our experience tells us most of the students will take the test at
the last minute all at the same time. We have had 2000 concurrent users
during the Spring and Fall semester. However, during Summer, we usually
have around 200 concurrent users.

I've heard samigo does not work well with a large number of users. I am
wondering what kind of experience other schools might already have had and
how to prevent any issues, so that we can prepare for the placement test
next year better.

Thank you in advance.