[Building Sakai] Control number of users in Sakai sites

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Tue Jul 8 09:16:28 PDT 2014

Hi All,

We have a special use case that I want to share with you and try to find
solutions for it:

I have normal project sites, that users can create by their own.
Those type of sites, and because they are available to anyone in the system to create, can grow
high. I want to limit the number of users in this type of sites to a configurable number.
Whereas online courses are created by the admin and the site owner can add/remove participants.
Because those type of sites use BigBlueButton as video conferencing solution, I want to limit the
number of members that the site owner can add.
Yet, I want Tutoring type of site to be
limited to no more than 10 students.

Ideally, I should be some configuration like
this:

max.participants.count=4
max.participants.project=20
max.participants.course=50
max.participants.onlinecourse=30
max.participants.tutoring=10

This way, the number of users per site is shown on the
site setup tool, while adding participants.

This must be set by the sakai admin, with
the possibility to change it per created site, just like how site quota works.

Besides,
we are not using any roster or student systems.

To put it simple, *It's a quota
for site members.*

Yours,
Alaa NIZAR