[Building Sakai] Evaluation Tool

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jul 3 04:45:25 PDT 2014

I'd check to make sure you have an up-to-date ojdbc6.jar from Oracle and
that the hierarchy_node table has the correct column types. If you came
from an existing database which was converted up to 10. It sounds like some
columns are varchar that it's expecting to be clob. The conversion script
for 10 expects you were never running hierarchy previously, and I think
there might be a note in the release notes about this.

>From this thread last month
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2014-June/027541.html

That sounds like an error with hibernate and Oracle trying to figure out
the auto ddl for clob.  You can manually check to make sure that these
columns are set as CLOBS:

   - HIERARCHY_NODE.directChildIds
   - HIERARCHY_NODE.childIds

It sounds like those 2 were the most common problems for this error. I
haven't specially tested evaluation with Sakai under Oracle 10, but have
tested the latest hierarchy in 10.

http://ibatis.10938.n7.nabble.com/Beta-6-Oracle-Invalid-column-type-getCLOB-not-implemented-td16396.html