[Building Sakai] [sakai-pmc] Proposal: Add Delegated Access as a Sakai core tool

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Thu Jan 23 11:46:39 PST 2014

Swinging back to have a look at this proposal from a license perspective.  Delegated Access is ECL 2.0, copyright Columbia University. [1]  As was noted earlier, Delegated Access is dependent on the contrib hierarchy module, originally developed by CARET, University of Cambridge [1].  A good bit of the code is licensed ECL 1.0, copyright CARET; at least two files are licensed Apache 2, copyright Aaron Zeckoski. [2]

At a minimum Hierarchy's ECL 1.0 license needs to be updated to 2.0 before it can be considered for core.  It would be preferable if the project code for both modules were donated to the Apereo Foundation.

Anth

[1] https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/delegatedaccess/trunk/NOTICE.txt

[2] ECL 1.0, copyright CARET (example)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/hierarchy/trunk/api/src/java/org/sakaiproject/hierarchy/HierarchyNodeReader.java

At least 2 files are licensed Apache 2, copyright Aaron Zeckoski
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/hierarchy/trunk/api/src/java/org/sakaiproject/hierarchy/HierarchyPermissions.java
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/hierarchy/trunk/api/src/java/org/sakaiproject/hierarchy/dao/model/HierarchyNodePermission.java

anthony whyte | its and mlibrary | university of michigan | arwhyte at umich.edu | 517-980-0228