[Building Sakai] Video calling in portal chat

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 01:41:28 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to announce that video calling has now been added to portal chat.
This work is in the trunk now and can be turned on by adding this to your
local.properties or sakai.properties:

portal.chat.video=true

I've tested it between firefox, versions 25 and above, and Chrome and it
works well. Apart from using the portal chat entity provider for signalling
purposes, all communication is p2p, so *no* video traffic comes through
your Sakai server.

If we have a nightly with portal chat turned on, we  could perhaps add the
above prop so people can try it out?

A big, big thank you to Alexandre Ballesté and Juan Jose Meroño Sanchez for
this fabulous work.

Cheers,
Adrian.