[Building Sakai] Is there a way to get the username?

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Tue Jan 14 06:51:50 PST 2014

Hi
Does anyone know of a way to get the current user's username and expose it
so it can be accessed by that user from a sakai content page?

There is an external system we are trying to access from a html link in the
Lessons tool. Basically we'd like the link to be something like this:

http://externalSystem.edu/program.php?userName=*<current user name>*
&otherParam=value

I know there's a webservice that will get me the user name if I have the
session id, which I don't think is available in that scope.

Thanks!

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator
University of Dayton