[Building Sakai] Global permissions for a user

Feliz Gouveia fribeiro at ufp.edu.pt
Mon Jan 13 00:52:39 PST 2014

Having global permissions as you suggest could do it. Turning a file public
in MyWorkspace is also a form of communication; private messages in
Messages also. Probably more.

Another approach would be be to track events, so that an instructor can
check which students created events "of interest" during a given period.

greetings,
Feliz

On 8 January 2014 10:29, Adrian Fish <adrian.r.fish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at implementing a lock down function for the portal chat, in
> support of an exam scenario. Here's the ticket:
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23258
>
> The various approaches I have considered all have a drawback of some sort.
> Adding a function, portal.chat.disabled, for instance, to !site.helper will
> literally disable chat across all sites while checked. Adding the same
> function to a particular site will disable for the site, but not for My
> Workspace, so would not stop a user from chatting with their Profile2
> connections during the test. You'd have to disable My Workspace for the
> test duration as well. Basically, with all the solutions I've been able to
> think of, great care would still have to be taken to ensure that portal
> chat gets locked down.
>
> What would be nice, I think, would be some UI where you could literally
> pick a worksite and then some functions to block for the members of that
> site. By 'functions' I mean global stuff, like portal chat and Profile2
> messaging. The portal could check this acl when rendering the portal chat
> UI. Profile2 could be extended to check this list too.
>
> Thoughts? Do we have this already, in some form?
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian.

Feliz Ribeiro Gouveia

Universidade Fernando Pessoa            http://www.ufp.pt
Centro de Recursos Multimediaticos      Tel 351-22.507.13.06
M.I.N.D. Lab                            Fax 351-22.550.82.69
Pr 9 de Abril 349                       fribeiro at ufp.edu.pt
P-4249-004 Porto