[Building Sakai] Idea: Change the GUID generator for Sakai

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jan 9 06:46:33 PST 2014

Didn't even consider that one Stephen, which is essentially the main realm
query. So if you eliminated 26 more characters there really isn't any gain.
It seems like removing the 4 dashes from the GUID seems like the only easy
savings you'd can get without writing some custom base~32 algorithm. (That
would encode only lower case, digits and -, excluding vowels). Basically
Crockfords scheme [1] where he already considered these points.

[1] http://www.crockford.com/wrmg/base32.html

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Stephen Marquard <stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za