[Building Sakai] Sakai development estimate

Benjamin Fouassier b.fouassier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:33:24 PST 2014

Steve,

Thanks a lot about the best workflow to start the project and deploying, my
first try on a local environment on my machine was indeed not a walk in the
park.
I am going to have a closer look to all the new features in Sakai 10.

To give you further details, here what I can say (specs are still in the
making, and of course I cannot communicate a lot about this..) :

 About the lessons aspect, I am afraid it concerns Sakai overall, and
looking at the new designs, I think I can say that we want to drop the
entire interface, change what a lesson is (organizing a student workspace
into modules, each module containing for steps between learning and
practicing).
Basically we want to use a lot of Sakai features, drop a lot of useless
(for this project) functionality, with a minimalist design and navigation.
That would mean a real clean separation of the core with the presentation
layer, being able to load only desired modules, and still being able to
update Sakai..
Sounds quite optimistic to say the least.

Many thanks for your help.
Benjamin

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com