[Building Sakai] [sakai-mobile] Any Sakai's native app efforts out there?

JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ jmariano at um.es
Tue Feb 25 23:51:44 PST 2014

Hi Steve and Matt,

Thanks for the information, we were not aware of any of those two
companies. I already shared the information locally, if there is any
more interest I'll get back to you with asking for the right contact
person, thanks!

Best,
Mariano

El 25/02/2014 1:45, Matt Willmore escribió:
> Both Modo Labs and Dub Labs offer Sakai integration for their campus
> app platforms.
>
> Modo Labs: https://www.modolabs.com/about/news-events/101
> Dub Labs:
> http://blog.dublabs.com/2013/06/13/sakai-mobile-dub-labs-asahi-net-international-partner-to-mobilize-sakai-schools/
>
> I'm happy to provide contacts at either company if needed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Willmore
>
> --------
>
> Matt Willmore
> mobileND Program Manager
> University of Notre Dame
> B003 DeBartolo Hall
> (574) 631-2642
> mwillmor at nd.edu
>
> From: Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
> <mailto:steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>>
> Date: Monday, February 24, 2014 at 5:32 PM
> To: sakai-mobile <sakai-mobile at collab.sakaiproject.org
> <mailto:sakai-mobile at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
> Cc: sakai-dev <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
> <mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
> Subject: Re: [sakai-mobile] Any Sakai's native app efforts out there?
>
> Modo labs are developing apps for a couple of institutions using the
> keitai services and they are using the kurogo platform. I can put you
> in touch with someone from modo if you like as I am not sure they are
> on list.
>
> Cheers
> Steve
>
> sent from my mobile device
>
> On 25/02/2014 5:40 AM, "JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ" <jmariano at um.es
> <mailto:jmariano at um.es>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone!
>
>     Just a quick question, we've been asked locally to check with the
>     community if there is any short-term effort to create a Sakai
>     native app
>     taking advantage of the new Keitai services.
>
>     Any information about it will be really appreciated. Is there out
>     there
>     any kind of initiatives around it?
>
>       We've seen on the Sakai 11 straw man [1] that there are some
>     points to
>     improve the mobile experience but nothing about a native app,
>     right? We
>     will also be interested in knowing something more about any
>     institution
>     that is providing Sakai's services through their institutional app -
>     like Oxford [2]. We at Murcia offer a global app (iOS and Android)
>     that
>     includes access to different services but in terms of the CLE
>     connection, we just have a link to the mobile version of Sakai 'Aula
>     Virtual' which is embedded in a browser [3].
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Best regards,
>     Mariano
>
>     [1] -
>     https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+11+straw+man
>     [2] - http://m.ox.ac.uk/desktop/#weblearn
>     [3] -
> [...]

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)
UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA - http://www.um.es