[Building Sakai] Help - Facing an issue in exporting assesment - Sakai

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Feb 25 07:10:42 PST 2014

This sounds like a problem specific to Windows and/or this proxy parameter.
Sakai isn't officially supported under Windows, no testing is done there
and very few places claim to run it in production. I used to (years ago)
run a Windows Server for Sakai back around 2.8.x release. But back then I
didn't use this option, instead putting IIS in front as a proxy, similar to
the instructions for setting up Jira behind a proxy with an ISAPI Filter (
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+IIS).
This is essentially the same method used for putting Tomcat/Sakai behind
any other proxy like Nginx and Apache that is recommended for Sakai.

Even locally when I run Windows, I'll still setup Sakai/Tomcat inside of a
Linux VM and just forward the ports directly. Not sure what the problem
would be here.