[Building Sakai] PodcastService implementation

Jaco Gillman jaco at opencollab.co.za
Fri Feb 21 03:11:19 PST 2014

Hi all

I am trying to add Podcast content to a Sakai instance using a Batch Job. I
have debugged the PodcastServiceImpl and found that getSiteId() throws a
NPE from the source extract below.

final String resourceCollection = retrievePodcastFolderId(getSiteId());

Obviously I am not in any Site/Tool (although I have these Ids/data)
context when I execute the Batch Job, but surely this must be possible. I
have looked at existing source in Sakai 2.9.3 for example implementations,
but could not manage to get this working. Any suggestions?

Regards,

*Jaco Gillman*

Java Developer

opencollab

*Tel*: +27 21 970 4017  |  *Fax*: +27 21 914 3098

*Email*: jaco at opencollab.co.za  |  *Skype*: gillmanjc

*Web*: www.opencollab.co.za