[Building Sakai] Question about org.quartz.jobStore.isClustered

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Feb 19 10:54:50 PST 2014

I don't think you actually can set this (Sakai) property and have it do
anything, you actually have to set that it on quartz.properties by
rebuilding jobscheduler or have this patch from Sakai 10 (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20885) so that you can change this
file without rebuilding jobscheduler.

I haven't actually tested it, but if you have certain jobs in certain
environments that start up on 2 different nodes in a cluster can cause
problems with the database and processing. It's difficult to test because
we have no QA instances clustered, and many places that do run clustered
actually disable quartz with this patch in 2.9.x (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-13776) or something similar so
that quartz is only running on one node in a cluster anyway. (Eliminating
any possibility of problems) One such job that I know has been an issue in
the past is the synoptic message counts job that causes Oracle constraint
violations.

It *seems* like it's likely useful, but also seems like it would take a
good amount of time to test to say for sure what it really does, as I never
found any information about it specifically.