[Building Sakai] SAKAI 10

igor Novopashenny Igor at escience.uni-bremen.de
Tue Feb 18 00:53:09 PST 2014

Hi!

I'm working on the Russian translation and  test the Sakai version.

Just now I tried the SAKAI 10 Version from here:

sakai-10.x maintenance/release branch

Get it: svn co
<https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-10.x/>
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-10.x/ sakai-10.x

Version: 10-SNAPSHOT (r306124)

I have several questions and remarks to this version.

1.      Roster tool. In the Version 2.9 I've translated the Name and
description of the Roster tool into Russian language, but now it is again in
English and I can't find any untranslated "Roster" in the properties. All
inside the tool remains in Russian.

2.      Tests &Quizzes. I miss now "Print" in the selections list. How it is
possible to print the questions?

3.      Gradebook. I see the new option "Extra Grade", but can't understand
what does it mean. Can somebody explain this option?

4.      My Workspace -->Preferences. I see an option:

Show tabs as:

 Course code (e.g. F13-ACCT-134C-01)

 Course name/description (e.g. First Year Accounting)

But I don't see any difference if I change this option.  Can somebody
explain this option?

5.      Syllabus. There are  new option "Click to add start date" and "Click
to add the end date" . If I click these options, the new window with the
title "start date" appears. For the end date there is no title.  Is it ok?

6.      Several new calendars are used in different tolls. Is it really
planed so?
Tests & Quizzes

Syllabus

Or

This kind of the calendar is also used in the Assignment tool.

Gradebook

Lessons

7.      Lessons The button Delete appears quite different. Was it planed so?

8.      Polls I tried to add a new Poll and got an Error:
Fatal internal error handling request:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.sakaiproject.poll.model.Poll.getVoteOpenStr()Ljava/lang/String;

       at
org.sakaiproject.poll.tool.producers.AddPollProducer.fillComponents(AddPollP
roducer.java:254)

       at
uk.org.ponder.rsf.view.support.ViewCollector.fillComponents(ViewCollector.ja
va:56)

       at
uk.org.ponder.rsf.view.support.LayoutCollector.fillComponents(LayoutCollecto
r.java:68)

       at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57
)

       at
.java:43)

Regards Igor