[Building Sakai] Sakai Trunk in Transition

Kirschner, Beth bkirschn at umich.edu
Wed Feb 12 08:25:17 PST 2014

Hi Everyone,

In preparation for branching Sakai 10, I'm making a series of iterative changes to sakai trunk (https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/trunk/). I'll do my best to keep it stable during this time, but if you run into any problems, feel free to ping me. If you want to avoid problems, you should avoid a fresh checkout until I send another message indicating that I'm done. The changes I'm making are to migrate the following tools from contrib to core:

roster2
hierarchy
delegatedaccess
external-calendaring-service
signup

So far, I've done the following:
1. The above contrib repos are now read-only
2. The hierarchy repo has been moved up: svn move https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/hierarchy/ https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/hierarchy/
3. The sakai trunk .externals file has been updated to reflect the new contrib location of hierarchy

Next up is exporting/importing the contrib projects to the core svn repository and updating the sakai-trunk .externals file.

Thanks,
- Beth