[Building Sakai] Sakai master (trunk) now on Github

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Dec 30 15:58:58 PST 2014

Thanks Matthew,

Trunk Nightly (the 4 hour rebuild on 8082
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/portal) is also pointing directly to
this github repository as of the 4PM build today. It's checking it out with
the github svn URL which anyone can also use without installing git.

https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/trunk

I've also modified trunk experimental (8085) to point to this and we'll see
if that works at midnight. Since that build was a mix of github and svn
with (currently) a separate pom, I've modified the svn externals [1] to
check out each module from github individually, since I don't see any
better way to do it exclusively in git with submodules. [2] Maybe in a few
years when all projects are in git this won't be necessary.

[1]
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-experimental/.externals
[2]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/465042/is-it-possible-to-have-a-subversion-repository-as-a-git-submodule