[Building Sakai] Sakai on GitHub

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Dec 29 11:16:54 PST 2014

I successfully brought up a pack-demo instance against a clean (new) MySql
schema!

I first forked in Github, then I cloned my fork locally, then synched with
fork master per the instructions ,
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Git+Setup

Ran

mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true -P pack-demo

then updated property files after creating a new schema (I keep a separate
local.properties hanging around with some of my favorite default settings).
.

Initially on creating a new account I got a 404 error but the account got
created. Same thing using an existing demo account, instructor. In fact, I
couldn't get the 404 error to go away on Firefox even with clearing cache,
but I used Chrome instead and got in. So there is some funkiness but I
assume that is the state of trunk and nothing to do with the move to
Git/Github.

-- Neal