[Building Sakai] Using sakai:deploy to deploy to a remote tomcat

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Dec 22 12:16:00 PST 2014

No, the Sakai maven plugin and the goals such as :deploy do not have any
capabilities for using any type of transport protocol, the remote
repository has to be local. I don't think it would be a capability that
this plugin would necessarily need to have either. It might be possible to
use something like the maven wagon plugin to move the files around, but
I've never heard of anyone doing that.

Generally it's easier just to mount the drive you want to deploy to, or
deploy to a temporary directory and rsync (or tar/gz it) and send over to
your intended destination. Generally you have to do some intermediary
cleanup work anyway in order to deploy something successfully since there
is no undeploy goal.