[Building Sakai] Audio recording not working on localhost

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Dec 16 16:17:22 PST 2014

max_allowed_packet=1000M

in the my.cnf.

Normally you wouldn't/shouldn't need a setting this big, but I believe Neal
is storing files in the database and just accessing via localhost, so the
optimal configuration isn't too important. Generally you'd probably have it
at 50M or 100M maybe? But if you're storing files in the filesystem
(recommended) you shouldn't need to store very large data in the database.