[Building Sakai] Morpheus to become default sometime next week

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Dec 16 10:25:14 PST 2014

Hi all,

This is a quick note to let you know that the inlined/responsive portal for Sakai (Morpheus) will become the default in trunk next week.  We are still putting the finishing touches on the code and will flip the switch when it works reasonably well.  Here is the JIRA (and many others) for the work:

Once we change the defaults for properties, the nightly trunk servers will start to have the "Morpheus" look.  Things like the Sakai 2.9.x and 10.x branches will be unaffected.

The rough outline is to switch to Morpheus next week and do basic developer testing through the rest of the year fixing bugs as we find them in morpheus and in the tools.

After the first of the year we will do a QA pass on the trunk to identify things that the developers did not catch and fix.  Based on that QA pass on trunk we will come up with a schedule for Sakai 11.

The change next week is just the default for the portal.   You will be able to change back to the Neo portal and even change back to inlining all tools with a few sakai properties.   We will publish the property settings for those who want to hold on to the Neo Portal for a little while longer.

We will make more announcements as things progress.

/Chuck