[Building Sakai] Remove Axis Web services from Sakai

Chaitanya Cheekate chaitanya.cheekate at vidyayug.com
Fri Dec 12 06:24:32 PST 2014

Hello Steve,

I opened an issue in GitHub as well as I am trying to figure out how to
call cxf webservice (I'm new). So that I can implement in
sakai-connector-portlet.
But I am getting null pointer exception as it's unable to create biding
object.
Can you please verify the below code and provide your suggestions.

*code:*
        URL wsdlURL = new URL("
http://127.0.0.1:7070/sakai-ws/soap/login?wsdl");

        System.out.println(wsdlURL);

        JaxWsDynamicClientFactory factory =
JaxWsDynamicClientFactory.newInstance();
        Client client = factory.createClient(wsdlURL.toExternalForm(), new
QName("http://webservices.sakaiproject.org/",
                "SakaiLoginService"));
        ClientImpl clientImpl = (ClientImpl) client;
        Endpoint endpoint = clientImpl.getEndpoint();
        List<ServiceInfo> serviceInfos =
endpoint.getService().getServiceInfos();
        ServiceInfo serviceInfo =serviceInfos.get(0);
        System.out.println("serviceInfo"+serviceInfo.getBindings());

        QName bindingName = new QName("http://webservices.sakaiproject.org/",

                "SakaiLoginService");
        BindingInfo binding = serviceInfo.getBinding(bindingName);
        //{
        QName opName = new QName("http://webservices.sakaiproject.org/",
"login");
        System.out.println("binding=============="+binding);

        BindingOperationInfo boi = binding.getOperation(opName);

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, the portlet will need an update. Could you do me a favour and raise a
> github issue on the portlet? Even better would be to make the minor code
> changes in the web service logic class for the new URL and send a pull
> request :)
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Chaitanya Cheekate <
> chaitanya.cheekate at vidyayug.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to know whether these changes will affect the sakai
>> connector portlet.
>> Looks like sakai connector portlet completely written using Axis web
>> services.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 2:43 AM, Alaa NIZAR <alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma> wrote:
>>
>>> Great to hear that.
>>>
>>> So this is targeted to Sakai 11?
>>>
>>> Thank you for the clarification, by the way
>>>

>>> Sent from Samsung Mobile.

Thanks.