[Building Sakai] Assignment status information

Brian Baillargeon bbailla2 at uwo.ca
Thu Dec 11 10:20:45 PST 2014

It sounds like you're talking about the status of the student's
submission. It is not stored in the database, but rather calculated in code.

For instance, if the open date hasn't been reached yet, the assignment
does not appear to students.
After the open date, the status appears as "Submitted" if the student
has submitted, or "Not Started" otherwise.
There may be other messages / conditions, but ultimately you'll need to
look at code to figure out the status. The logic is in
BaseAssignmentService.java around line 12032 (public String getStatus())