[Building Sakai] Assignment 'Upload All' question

Zhang, Ruiling rlzhang at exchange.vt.edu
Wed Dec 10 13:16:54 PST 2014

Hi,

Any one please help shed light on more detail about  the Assignment 'upload All' feature?   We use sakai 2.9.1,  and ran into one issue that when an instructor grade for an assignment against one specific section, but the uploadAll operation effect the submissions in other sections.   I pulled down the code, looks like there's no section filter passing in while calling uploadAll_updateSubmissions?     Is it a known issue,   Or I missed setting up some other place?

I had the same test result under Community 10.0 QA instance:  http://qa3-us.sakaiproject.org:8086/portal  :

Reproduce:

  1.  Login as Instructor, go to a course site, use 'Manage Group' to setup G1, G2.   G1 includes student st001, G2 includes st002, st003
  2.  Create a test assignment01 set to access to whole site.
  3.  Login as st001, submit assignment01; Login as st002, submit assignment01
  4.  Login as instructor, go to Assignment tool, set option 'Only show user submissions according to Group Filter and Search result'
  5.  Instructor Click 'Grade' on assignment01.
  6.  Select 'G1' under View drop down box, then to grade st001 submission and release.
  7.  Select'G2' underView drop down box.  st002, st003 are displayed
  8.  Click 'Dowload All', choose download option' Grade file', then click download
  9.  Update downloaded file 'grades.csv' to add st003 with grade
  10. Upload the new modified file, select 'grades.csv as upload option, 'Do not release uploaded information' as release option
  11. Click Upload, note st001 in G1 get unreleased.

 'Upload All' under section view should only affect the grades, release status for the participants that in the section, but not the participants in the other sections.

Thanks,
Ruiling
Virginia Tech