[Building Sakai] Hijri Calender

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Dec 1 05:56:43 PST 2014

Trunk will give you the very latest code base, the most up to date. But it
depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are working on getting a
version of Sakai 10 up and running, for example, you will want to work on
the 10 branch. If you are working on a big new feature, like Hijri, it
probably makes sense to work on trunk (but it still depends on the
specifics of your goals).

You can change code for your needs locally. If you want to contribute back
to Sakai, you will need to fill out licensing agreements, probably have one
filled out for your institution (if you are doing this as part of your job
for example, which is usually the case) and one for yourself, an individual
license [1].  To see our licensing terms go to [2].

We are planning to move to Git/Github for trunk in about a month or so. We
will keep this sakai-dev list posted.

When you contribute code back, at the moment, it would be by opening a Jira
ticket and adding your patch. You should either label the Jira type as
Contribution or as a New Feature and add a "PATCH_ADDED" label. It can help
immensely to attend a Sakai core team meeting and discuss your contribution
and/or get it reviewed. Actually, getting input as early as possible for a
patch potentially the size of the one you might be considering would be
critical, and keeping the Sakai core team updated on your progress. I
realize that time zone difference might make attending a meeting difficult,
in which case we can still use email and we have an online code review
system [3].

(Maybe this is documented in Confluence somewhere with more details?)

Is this getting close to what you need?

[1] https://www.apereo.org/licensing
[2] ECL v2.0 licensing - http://opensource.org/licenses/ECL-2.0
[3] Source code review system -  https://crucible.sakaiproject.org