[Building Sakai] implementing a "please wait" alert for a sakai tool

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Aug 21 11:46:00 PDT 2014

Not sure how that old process works, but you could probably use blockUI (
http://malsup.com/jquery/block/#demos) in 2.9+ Sakai (in the 10.0 library)
which is used by a lot of tools, mostly to prevent double clicking to do
that.

You'd probably have to have a setTimeout which would make a rest call to
see if the page is ready to go or not somehow and then just do an
$.unblockUI if it is, otherwise set the timeout again. Not sure what you'd
do if the page was never ready. ;)