[Building Sakai] Displaying a user's public profile

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 06:21:59 PDT 2014

You can't easily do this unless you check the code and find the bit that
creates the URLs that are used when it sends out emails. There is a 'my'
provider in the current profile2 entity providers for getting at your own
profile, but not for someone elses.

ProfileLinkLogic.getInternalDirectUrlToUserProfile(final String userUuid)
Or generate an email via a connection request and check the URL formatting.

If your purpose is only display it, you could use the formatted entity
provider. Its designed for things like lightboxes etc:

/direct/profile/USERID/formatted

But it doesnt take you to the profile2 tool.

cheers,
Steve