[Building Sakai] lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Alan Berg bergsmooth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 02:52:08 PDT 2014

I would also look at your monitoring as you should be able to spot when you
are reaching limits. I would suggest tuning on JMX on for example localhost
and start with jconsole which is included in the JDK. Once you are happy
with the memory spaces look towards a commercial monitoring tool.

JMX adds a couple more JAVA_OPTS:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Live+JVM+profiling

Regards,

Alan Berg

Regards,
           Alan

Alan Berg

Innovation working group
On the use of ICT in Education & Research
University of Amsterdam