[Building Sakai] extremely slow loading for home tool of the site

Katherine Faella kmf at uri.edu
Wed Aug 13 04:37:46 PDT 2014

Sanghyun,

We have been seeing this behavior on our 2.9 which has been running for
a year.  Since we do not restart very often we have mostly ignored the
slowness.

Kathy Faella
University of Rhode Island

On 08/12/2014 02:50 PM, Sanghyun Jeon wrote:
> Once we upgrade sakai 2.8.x to sakai 2.9 and everything looks good.
> However, whenever we click the site for the first time, it is really
> slow to load the Home page of the site. All other tools are fast
> enough to load. Can anybody have the same issue?
> Once the site is loaded, and then the same home page of the site is
> loaded very fast. Only the first time to load the site is extremely slow.
>

> If you have a similar experience, please share your knowledge with us,
> so that we can resolve this issue.
> Thank you in advance.

Katherine Faella                        tel: (401) 874-4469
Sr. Technical Programmer                kmf at uri.edu
University of Rhode Island
University Computing Systems(UCS)
210 Flagg Road