[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9.3 neochat user is offline

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:14:27 PDT 2014

Hi!

Maybe this part of the properties file and the jira can help you:

# To turn on clustering for portal chat, set this to the same value on all
of your app servers. A
# uuid makes a good choice. Setting this enables the jGroups based chat
message stack synchronisation
# mechanism.
# If you run a cluster and you don't set this value, chat messages *will
not be replicated* across
# the nodes and receivers on differing servers to senders *will not get
their messages*.
# NOTE: You must have multicast enabled on the network hosting your
cluster. JGroups does
# unicast, but I've not looked into that yet.
# DEFAULT: none (null)
# portalchat.cluster.channel=

>  Hi:
>

> Has anyone had any experience with using the neochat on different servers,
> you can see users are online in a site, but when you send messages it comes
> back with, for example,  “Kimberly Wilson is offline”, even though there is
> a green dot next to the user name and the user is not offline?
>

> We thought changing this in sakai.properties would make a differnce but it
> did not:
>

> portal.neochat=false
>

> and changed it to:
>

> portal.neochat=true
>

> Each server’s sakai.properties has the same portalchat.cluster.channel, as
> well
>

> Thank you!
>

> *Kim Wilson**,** MSCIS* | Systems Analyst – Sakai & IS Academic Systems |
> Albany Medical Center | 518-264-1055
>

> ------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This
> email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is
> protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to
> which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
> the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the
> communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying,
> distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
> attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical Center, or
> for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on the Internet at
> www.amc.edu.

*Diego del Blanco Orobitg*
Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (*ANI Sakai*)
Apereo LATAM Representative (*Apereo Foundation*)

P: (+34) 653 683 489
E: ddelblanco at anisakai.com
Sk: ddelblanco.ani