[Building Sakai] Email error for JForum

Algaze, Louis Contractor, eDataTech ljalgaze at nps.edu
Wed Apr 30 17:02:44 PDT 2014

After our upgrade to AniSakai version 2.9.1.4  the Jforum tool is no longer sending emails.  The error we are getting in our catalina.out is

org.etudes.component.app.jforum.util.post.EmailUtil - Error in getNewReplyMessageText
jforum-email org.sakaiproject.email.impl.BasicEmailService - Email.sendMail: exception: Expected parameter name, got “;"

I was able to find the jForum email templates in the webapps/etudes-jforum-tool/templates directory on Sakai and the template in question seems to be the same as previous versions.

Any suggestions about how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Louis Algaze