[Building Sakai] Jenkins deployment issue

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 01:55:16 PDT 2014

On 24 April 2014 18:42, Liu, Peter <peter.liu at yale.edu> wrote:

> Should we just to pre-build the entire sakai-binary tar file and then un-tar
> it instead to run the sakai:deploy (take too long)?

Locally we take the Sakai .zip and put it into a debian package. Then
when we come todo the upgrade we just upgrade the version of the
debian package. You can have the debian package upgrade scripts also
do the service restarting as well although I don't believe we use
this.

> Any suggestion (or how your institution does the deployment via Jenkins)
> will be highly appreciated.

We do use jenkins todo continuous  integration, but we don't have it
make our final builds or package them.

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services